Wednesday 28 May 2014

The unfinal countdown

Everyone!

There you are. Where have you been hiding? I'm sat on my bed with a king-size cold, the second half of one which I caught on my birthday (yay, thanks!) which lasted for a week and then disappeared. Clearly it only comes out when I have to play a gig, since I had Bristol and Reading last time, and we're fast approaching shows in Cardiff, Derby and Durham this time.

As sure as eggs are eggs, I have just five shows to go before I shall depart to do something else for a while. When people ask me about it, I would like to say Ben Marwood Is Taking Time Off To Pursue Other Interests, but that sort of sounds like a code for Ben Marwood Has Been Fired From His Own Solo Project. Instead I'll probably introduce them to the 2014 Wish List.

Before the end of 2014, I, Ben Marwood, wish to:

1. watch every episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation
2. expand my collection of really sharp rocks
3. test my new ground-to-air missile defence system
4. work on my biceps, triceps and pieceps

In reality, really, it's much more like:

5. the second album's been out for over a year now, and i have new songs i'd like to record, but i can't do that whilst i'm working and spending the weekends doing gigs, so we have to stop the gigs for a while.

Which isn't as exciting as saying stupid stuff like:

6. i'm taking a leave of absence to star in Game of Thrones as an invisible king that none of the cast ever interactive with.


Come and see my final three headline shows of 2014, if you dare:

Saturday 31st May - CARDIFF Moon Club
Thursday 5th June - DERBY Ryan's Bar
Friday 6th June - DURHAM Old Cinema Launderette


xx

1 comment:

  1. But you should still do #1, because Riker and Picard can only serve to improve your life and strengthen your frail immune system.

    ReplyDelete