Saturday 31 May 2014

Cardiff is cancelled (update: so are Derby and Durham)

A wise man once said, if Ben Marwood makes three blog posts within a week then life is either going very well or very badly.

Sadly, it's the latter. After fighting something off for three weeks, yesterday (Friday) I was finally put in my place by my stupid human body. With reduced voice, hearing, balance and dignity, it's physically impossible for me to do the show in Cardiff tonight.

I try not to use the word hate that often but I hate cancelling a show, and this is the first time I've had to do it since Cheltenham in 2009. The plan is to reschedule this show for a date later in the year, but in the meantime if you're heading down to Cardiff anyway, I recommend going to the Full Moon (downstairs at the Moon Club) where they will have an excellent gig, and after that, The Moon Club will be open late in the evening for Ultimate Power, the UK's best power ballads night. I'm not just saying that because that's what they'd have you believe, I'm saying it because I went to Ultimate Power after my show in Bristol three weeks ago and it. was. amazing.

I'll keep you posted. Apologies again. Now, a race against the calendar to be fit in time for Derby on Thursday.
xx

!!UPDATE!!
So, the being fit for Derby and Durham thing didn't quite work out. After a few days of recovery, I finally succumbed to Labyrinthitis late on Wednesday, leaving me literally unable to carry my guitar to the train station. I'll reschedule the Cardiff, Derby and Durham shows as soon as I can, hopefully for the autumn.

No comments:

Post a Comment